Little village with so much to offer. Besides eager snowboarders, passionate hikers and enthusiastic cross-country skiers, families with kids will find solace here. They can set off for a day trip to surrounding Karlova Studanka, parents can indulge on the slope while their kids are being taken care of in so called Detsky Koutek (Kid’s area) or the whole family can got to a nearby aqua park. Mala Moravka with its 700 inhabitants is very hospitable, almost every home is a guesthouse or a boarding house, not only providing accommodation but also cooking for you traditional Czech meals.
The selection is varied, depending on your budget and preferences from luxury hotels to modest rooms for rent. During a peak season prepare yourself to pay for a room at least 350 kc per night. It’s cheaper to share a room with your friends.
You have different options to choose from while booking your stay:
- se snídaní: breakfast only
- polo penze: breakfast+ hot supper, usually around 5-6 pm
- plná penze: breakfast+lunch+supper
In case you didn’t pay for the meal at the hotel, remember to go for so called denni menu (daily menu). You can get a 2 course menu for 80-100 kc.
Mala Moravka and Karlov pod Pradedem are loaded with ski areas. You can choose among the most popular ones in the neighbourhood like Karlov or Koprivna or go for a smaller ones. If you don’t feel like paying for the ski lifts just select one of the slopes without any-there’re plenty of them nearby. You can sledge with your kids or take up your first steps on the board.
If you decide to go on ski lift buy a combo ticket for almost all slopes in the area-Mysak, Kazmarka, Karlov, Avalanche and Koprivna. All day ticket costs 450 kc, it is valid from 8:30 am to 4 pm. Kids younger than 5 years can use lifts for free. In case you are up to night skiing from 6 pm to 9 pm you have to pay 350 kc-unfortunately all day ticket does not include night skiing. If you plan to stay the whole week you should consider buying a 5-day ski-pass for 1700 kc.
Everyone spending their free time in Jeseniky Mountains can find something for themselves from a blue track to black one. Kids will also enjoy their time here, especially at Koprivna ski resort, which has kids’ park and toboggan or Karlov, which is equipped with kids’ corner.
- Observation Tower Nova Ves – follow the yellow hiking path from the parking space between Ski centrum Pawlin and Ski Karlov. Currently open only on weekends until 4 pm.
- Chapel’s hill (Kaplickovy Vrch) – follow red path from Mala Moravka Rychta, then turn to educational path: Wide Web Museum. The chapel’s is visible from the road.
- Wide Web Museum educational trail – in total around 30 kilometers, it connects Mala Moravka, Karlova Studanka and Ludvikov villages.
- Bila Opava educational trail – it goes down the spring of White Opava River. Everyone who follow will get the chance to gaze at beautiful waterfalls, cascades and rock formations.